Good Hope Studies runs the CELTA (Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) and Delta (Diploma in English Teaching to Adults) course for English language teachers, the most popular training course worldwide.
The CELTA teacher training course as well as the Delta course are approved and moderated by Cambridge English Language Assessment, part of the University of Cambridge. In contrast to other TEFL / TESOL courses, these courses are recognised worldwide and are often a requirement when teaching abroad at an English language school.
Experienced trainers, great facilities and a convenient location are key advantages when doing a teacher training course in Cape Town at Good Hope Studies.
TEFL courses at Good Hope Studies
CELTAWhere can I take the course?
Cape Town, South Africa
This course has a very practical approach. A solid grounding is provided in teaching skills and techniques. Emphasis is placed on developing awareness and sensitivity to student needs and also on general language awareness.
There is a maximum of 12 trainees per course, divided into two Teaching Practice (TP) groups, with a maximum of 6 trainees per TP group.
– CELTA is internationally recognised.
– CELTA is an essential qualification for entering the field of TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language).
– CELTA is the best known and most widely taken qualification in the field of English language teaching to adults. The course is designed and closely monitored by University of Cambridge English Language Assessment; and on passing the course, trainees receive a certificate from Cambridge as well as a report from the centre detailing the trainees’ areas of strength and weakness.
– The course is both practical and theoretical with extensive, closely supervised teaching practice followed by both written and oral feedback.
– Trainers are highly qualified and experienced, and approved by Cambridge.